Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Count Your Many Blessings!

I got a blessing over the summer saying that for the rest of my life I would look back fondly at this time of my life. It has been fun for me to think of reasons why that might be the case...here are a few that I have been thinking about:

MASS QUANTITIES OF FRUIT
This could potentially seem lame, but if you feel that way, maybe you aren't a Murdock. Every week I go to Costco and buy all I want. This has led to a life filled with plums, berries, nectarines (love the summer fruits!!) and even avocados, squash, snap peas...it is glorious. I love love love love fruit!

LOTS OF FAMILY TIME
Recently my co-worker commented on my monthly trip to visit my family. I laughed at his exaggeration, and then realized he is about accurate...here is 2011 in review:
January--began the year in Texas with my family
February--James & Co came down to Utah while I was there and we spent the weekend crammed into Aunt Helen's house
April--Russell came to DC!
July--Went up to Idaho to see James
August--Family vacation in Texas!
September--Visited Russell&Co in Dallas
November--Thanks to crazy cheap flight deals this summer, I'm going to Idaho again!
December--Week in Ft. Worth for work and then two weeks later heading to Austin for Christmas

WORK

Last week my co-worker asked me if someone had a job as good as mine and I replied "no one has a job as good as mine." I am crazy for work. On Monday we are all dressing up for Halloween and bringing spooky treats! I've had my job for 13 months and not a day goes by that I am not humbled and grateful for the happiness it brings me and the blessing it is in my life.

HARRY POTTER LAND

Lest anyone forget, in three days I will be sipping butterbeer at The Three Broomsticks!!!

MASS QUANTITY OF CHURCH INVOLVEMENT
I am teaching the Book of Mormon this semester for Institute and have taught every topic imaginable before BUT the Book of Mormon. and I LOVE IT!! I'm so glad I "have to" exert so much time and energy learning more about it. I am also wild about working at the temple every Wednesday night, being able to work from home every Wednesday so that I am able to make it to the temple on time, and a great ward that keeps me very involved and busy.

Let the season of gratitude begin!!! What about this time of your life will you look back fondly on? It's a good exercise to see all there is to be grateful for.

2 comments:

  1. At the end of your freshman year you said, "My life will never be this good again." I am glad you have been proven wrong repeatedly. Enjoy the good life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look back oh, so fondly on my dance party days . . . totally forgetting that at the time I was mostly worried about the boys I couldn't figure out. Good reminder to love the phase you're in. Like right now, watching a Lionel Richie music video. But I digress. We are also obsessed with fruit at our house. Josh was angry at me the day the fruit basket was empty.

    ReplyDelete