While I was in San Francisco I got an email from my boss asking if I'd like to go on a West Wing tour. Yes, please! So we went the next Sunday evening. It was great. You apparently aren't supposed to take pictures in the West Wing...whoops. I didn't take too many. Sadly there were security guards near all the cool stuff. But I got to look in the Oval Office for a while and talk to the security guard there and have him tell me about stuff and how every day Obama gets a fresh bowl of apples. I asked him how many apples a day went to waste (the bowl is big!) It was very cool. Here are some of my very limited pictures.This is the backyard--stretch between the living area and the West Wing.

Broke another rule--apparently you're not supposed to stand behind the podium, but just near it for photo ops. Too late! The briefing room was so small!

They have cool pictures all over the place that apparently are rotated every two weeks. I loved this one!

um....if you want to know more of what it looked like, watch the T.V. show The West Wing. I love it! And it came in handy when I was asking security guards questions and seemed semi-knowledgeable.

You are living the life!
ReplyDeleteI can't imagine a more fun person to go on a tour of The White House with. Awesome!
ReplyDeleteThat is SO COOL! I have so many questions... I want to know more about the apples! Granny Smith? Red Delicious? How MANY? More in-depth report tonight please.
ReplyDeleteSo fun! I want to go! Adding to very long before-exodus to-do list.
ReplyDeleteshoot. rocky stairs. the west wing. scandalousness in san fran.
ReplyDeleteyou are living the life girl!
You know those photos of the garden gnomes that are taken all around the world. You are like one of those gnomes!
ReplyDelete