Friday, November 21, 2008

And I thought the lines at the polls were bad!

I've been to Harry Potter premieres. I've been to Star Wars premieres. But I've never seen anything like the Twilight premiere at midnight last night! First off, must admit I LOVED the movie!!! It had its flaws, and there were times when I started laughing out loud when you weren't supposed to be laughing, but I really loved it.

Yesterday Bethany and I went to the temple to be SET APART AS TEMPLE WORKERS! Seriously--best day of our lives! After that Bethany was saying how we needed to hustle to the movie theater because "it's going to be packed with high schoolers who get out of school at 3 p.m." So Bethany made it there around 9:30 and said it was CRAZY. I got there an hour later (had to pick up Carrie Parker on the way...and her bus didn't get in until 10) and it was NUTS. I kept on thinking about the parallels to voting day, and how we had thought the lines were long then!
The theater mostly had teenage girls and their moms (and the occasional, very kind, dad). We took this picture in our matching pajama pants and this mom was giving me the WORST look! I think it was a bad idea to wear my "BYU LAW" hoodie...didn't do anything for me fitting in! Maybe we're a little old for this...but sadly when we were taking the picture and she was giving me the bad look I yelled "I am a lawyer and I love Twilight." Oh, but no one heard me but these four because it was SO LOUD already!

When they started letting people into the theater, all the girls were screaming and cheering. I am a little too much of a "When in Rome" person, and I like to get the full experience, so I started screaming, too! And then people started SPRINTING once they got in the movie theater so they could get better seats! We thought that was very funny, and then of course had to do it too. Sadly when I was running in these teenage girls started saying to me, with a tone of disgust, "there are plenty of seats! calm down!" AHH! I felt like such an idiot.

The theater was massive so we got seats together and this woman named Cindy sat with us. She was there with her daughter and her daughter's friends and was sitting there reading a book. I told Cindy she was a good woman, and I would have told my kid to wait for the DVD! It was very cute seeing all these women wearing matching t-shirts with their daughters. Good parents.
So we hung out in here for an hour before the movie started. I was excited to see the movie with all these high school girls because I knew they'd have good reactions. I kept on videotaping stuff to get their reactions, and at one point realized I was going to get kicked out for bootlegging! But this is when they stopped showing previews and the girls went wild. Listen to it. It's worth it.

6 comments:

  1. Krystal and I are also excited to see the movie, although I don't know if I should admit that publicly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the matchy scratchies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU and edward cullen...ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the temple worker thing. I always thought that would be amazing.

    Funny that you were the oldest ones there. Everyone I know around here has seen the movie, or is going to. There's even a group in Salt Lake called "Twilight Moms." Love the screaming, and can't wait for the bootlegged version to get posted on your blog. Speaking of teenage girls, I just started reading Breaking Dawn and so far there is noooo way I would want my teenage girl to read it. Holy honeymoon! But, I am a hypocrite, so I'm going to go read it some more now . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. so the best part of this post was this line "I am a little too much of a "When in Rome" person" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, I love you and I love this post. And I LOVE YOUR BACKGROUND. And I cannot wait to experience Twilight with you tonight!

    ReplyDelete