The law school gives a week off every semester. Three of my friends from school had never been to D.C., so they spent their week off with me! It was great fun. I had to work two days they were here so they spent the days checking out the Smithsonian and going on tours of such things as The Supreme Court! In the evenings we went to the temple, on a monument walk, and then we went to New York City!!Here we all are with Lincoln. Our friend Erin is out here doing an internship, so we hung out with her, too.

Here we are in New York City, looking at the Statue of Liberty. It was Eric's first time, so we checked out some of the touristy things, saw TWO Broadway shows, went shopping, ate delicious food. It was great.

When asked what I liked about New York, I gave two answers: shows and Chad. Chad and I went to F.A.O. Schwartz and were playing with these amazing toys. This lady and her grandkids came by and were playing with the toys, too. The lady mentioned that there was not a long line at the piano (made famous in the movie Big) so we should go play it. Oh yeah, and the nice lady was JANE FONDA! So funny. But anyway we went and played Heart and Soul and had the time of our lives. So glad Chad and I can still act like kids after all these years...

Met up with some of my other friends in NYC. My dear friend Carrie also just moved there, so now I have a third reason to come visit. I am SO lucky for very kind and generous friends who let me crash with them frequently. Jenn here is my friend from law school and she has a studio and no roommates and is super fun so we stayed with her this weekend.

We came back to D.C. in time to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving! Stacey is from Calgary (and I am a Canadian citizen after all).


The girls all stayed in my room and we had to have some readings from Eclipse (the third book in Twilight).





Where the heck is the giant lawn chair? How did I miss that??
ReplyDelete