Monday, July 14, 2008

Bar < Law School

So, I loved law school and people always found that strange. Today as I dreaded getting up and resuming my Bar Study, I thought about why I hated it so much. Probably because studying for the Bar is difficult (WAY too much information), it isn't always that interesting, and then the worst part is you take practice tests and do AWFUL on them and think "if I am spending SO much time doing this, shouldn't I be better at it?"

And then I realized that is exactly why most people hated law school.

Still not sure what the difference is...mostly the fact that my Bar studying consists of me sitting alone every waking minute of the day and craming outlines into my head. And not just 4 or 5 topics, but around 30. And whenever I actually try to talk to someone, I am very out of sorts/boring/cranky.

Good thing it will all be over in 2.5 weeks!!

3 comments:

  1. As much as I can't wait until it's over, it's still nothing compared to what you all are feeling. Jeff is starting to feel the pressure here too...GOOD LUCK and you'll do great I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like taking the bar, I plan on doing it in every state, kind of a Sufjan Stevens thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen! poor people out there that have to put up with us bar studiers out there. every once in a while i will ask ryan if he knows what the rational basis test is, or if he knows that the federal government can't commandeer state officials to implement a federal objective. (Bless Gedicks for teaching me that!)

    ReplyDelete