I am in the middle of reading about Bankruptcy law, and had the overwhelming urge to write something. No, no, I’ll spare you the incredibly interesting nuances of Bankruptcy law that I just told my roommate (and then she quickly left the house).
On Tuesday I went to the local library two blocks from my house (which used to be an elementary school, which happens to be the elementary school my mom and dad went to when they were in the same third grade class) to study for the Bar. It was a little loud, so I decided to venture to the downtown library. It was great, but on my way back I found myself stuck at a bus stop downtown in the rain for 45 minutes, absolutely miserable (especially since I could have been studying). I vowed to never leave the house again.
I’ve done a pretty good job of it—locking myself away in the basement or my room with nothing but classical music and a BarBri book. But then Wednesday I had to go visiting teaching. I just barely got my assignment and I hadn’t ever met the girls before. I had also been sitting and reading about the law for 12 straight hours, so I was a little out of it. Such can be evidenced when I almost (but luckily caught myself) discussed something I’d read that day about the law in my message (it fit perfectly…I promise…) or when the girl I was visiting teaching told me her sister just had twins. I asked if twins ran in the family and she said “yes, my mother is a twin” to which I responded “well that’s odd…I thought twins skipped a generation,” to which she replied, “Yes. That’s right” and then proceeded to think I was kind of an idiot.
Don’t worry—I do have big plans to leave the house again on Sunday, especially since I am teaching Relief Society! It’s a true blessing actually to get to have a little Bar distraction. Reminds me of when I gave a fireside last year during finals.
Anyway, four days until the Bar exam!
We are giving talks on Sunday. I haven't started mine. Just 4 more days...Today is our last weekend studying. I have an idea, maybe we should do something fun next weekend!
ReplyDeleteI am teaching RS on Sunday too. I'm excited to see you and Gibby and baby Noah. Are we supposed to bring dessert or something, I can't remember.
ReplyDeleteYou seem fried! I hope it all comes back to you in a week now! Crazy how close it is, huh? I told Jeff anything I want to tell him in the next week I'm just going to write in a journal and he can read it after the bar cause I know he won't hear it until then. I don't envy you guys. I helped him study his outlines for seven of the nine hours we drove down to Cali and it was pure torture. Honestly, I don't envy you at all. You'll both do good though, I'm sure. Oh, and if you do come to Newport in December, for SURE give us a call!
ReplyDeleteI didn't know your parents went to the same elementary school! That's crazy! Good luck on the Bar exam.
ReplyDelete