A blog that fulfilled its purposes when I left Australia, but (sporadically) continues on to appease my family.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
I need to share this with the internet
I went to visit Russell & Co. this weekend in Dallas. It was great. More to come.
While there, I watched The Simpsons for the first time in years, and I started to think about how Homer and Marge had Bart when they were teenagers...and how Bart is only ten...and how I AM OLDER THAN HOMER SIMPSON!!
I thought he was supposed to be around 40... Oooh, the wikipedia page agrees with me: Homer's age has changed as the series developed; he was 36 in the early episodes,[10] 38 and 39 in season eight,[11] and 40 in the eighteenth season,[12] although even in those seasons his age is inconsistent.[1] During Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein's period as showrunners, they found that as they aged, Homer seemed to become older too, so they increased his age to 38.[13]
Hilarious. The question is, how in the world do they make Marge and Homer seem (and look) so old when they are absolutely not so old??
ReplyDeleteI thought he was supposed to be around 40... Oooh, the wikipedia page agrees with me: Homer's age has changed as the series developed; he was 36 in the early episodes,[10] 38 and 39 in season eight,[11] and 40 in the eighteenth season,[12] although even in those seasons his age is inconsistent.[1] During Bill Oakley and Josh Weinstein's period as showrunners, they found that as they aged, Homer seemed to become older too, so they increased his age to 38.[13]
ReplyDeleteStill, just the right age for the mid-singles ward.
ReplyDelete