Saturday, December 18, 2010

Touring the Pentagon "for the children"

You may remember this where I made big claims to spend crazy money at the ward auction. Well, day of the auction apparently Chance read my blog and was similarly inspired! I am happy to say we spent a total of $750!!! I kept yelling "for the children" in an attempt to inspire others to spend more/show off how charitable I am?

The first item I bought was a magical evening with herbal tea in front of the fire with some girls. ha! No one was bidding, so I bought it for $45. what a deal! Then I gave it to my buddy because I don't think these girls were really auctioning off this item with me in mind...

I also bought a tour of the Pentagon! Chance and I went on Wednesday and it was great. They had an entire big room full of only Redbox machines! I guess they encourage watching movies at work? Also they had a jeweler, florist, every kind of random store you could need during your work day, so now you never have to leave! We also saw lots of offices and the part of the building where the plane hit and how when the sun comes through the windows it looks green because the windows are protected with crazy stuff so no one can hear what you're talking about inside. The Pentagon is intense!

Just another benefit of moving to DC: touring the Pentagon on your lunch break.



Chance can't wait to be Secretary of Defense!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you know Chance, but of course, who doesn't. He was in my freshman ward at BYU. What a small world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still waiting for the Capitol tour post!

    ReplyDelete