Saturday, January 31, 2009

My Finest Moment

My friend Carrie Parker is in town from NYC. She keeps reminding me of a story from when we lived together in 2001.

I was taking a math class at BYU. The class was very easy. My math teacher was a grad student and I realized he was PERFECT for Carrie! So I went home and told Carrie how I couldn't figure out my math homework and desperately needed her help. She said she'd help me, and I insisted that she needed to actually come to my class with me because I couldn't figure out how my teacher was explaining it, and if she came she could discern his teaching for me.

Carrie was skeptical. However, she is also very easy-going, so she came with me to class. She quickly realized that I didn't need her help, and I confessed right before we entered the classroom that I tricked her into coming so that she could fall in love with my math teacher.

It didn't work out.

Carrie is reminding me that I am not as good as I think I am at "helping my friends get married" since they are all still single. Must I remind you of this?

6 comments:

  1. Carrie Parker is a fool. My math teacher was hot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could have just written that in your post.

    I was bragging recently about how awesome I am at setting people about, but then Emily cataloged my attempts. Failures all around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not single, in very large part due to you . . .but then again, I didn't marry Greg Mortensen. Did I ever tell you my uncle Don set up two of his brothers with their future wives, including my dad? He did. Plus other people . . .I'd say you're on your way to that level.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. There is a very hot and very good with kids guy that works at the Children's Museum here. You can marry him or Eric. Let me know if you'd rather "take my kids to play" or "go to a Syphus party" (wink, wink).

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha...Emily, you are too good to me--options! I will have to think about this a lot and get back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry. I would have thought "Every Member a Matchmaker" was a joke too.

    ReplyDelete