Tuesday, January 06, 2009

It's About Time...to see Renee Fleming live!

I think the "it's about time" blogging theme will last approximately once.


One of my big goals after moving to D.C. was to see Renee Fleming live at the Met! I saw she was performing in January so I spammed my opera-loving friends to see who wanted to fly to NYC to see an opera with me. Jackie bought a plane ticket! She comes to D.C. tonight, got us free tickets to the show AND a private backstage tour of the Met. WOW! Since the opera tickets were free, we figured we'd buy tickets to Legally Blonde the Musical and Billy Elliott, too.
In preparation for our opera excitement, I stumbled upon this gem today: Opera Personality Test. I'm Lucia di Lammermoor!

5 comments:

  1. Holy cow girl-you are living the life! Can't wait to see you in a month!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Legally Blonde: The Musical?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me? I must tell Kristi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. That sounds like an LDS Family Services commercial. I think you could make the "It's about time" theme work for several more posts, provided you make it more, er, family-oriented.
    2. In Madame Bovary, Emma cheated on her husband because she wanted to BE Lucia di Lammermoor. Beware!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sure your whole trip will be wonderful. Jackie would be fun on a picnic, let alone a weekend attending shows and concerts in NYC.
    I tried the test and came out as Thaïs. Having sung in more operas than I have ever attended, I have no idea whom that person would be. Rebecca probably knows!
    I look forward to reading your next blog entry for the details of the big trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feeding Noah, re-read this, took the test : La Rondine. Now I need Jackie's hook-ups . . .

    ReplyDelete