After what was probably the easiest international flight experience of my life, Bethany and I were very happy to arrive in Hong Kong! Matt was waiting for us at the metro station, and one of the first things we saw was this sign. The Olympics were about to begin!On our flight there was a video about Hong Kong. I thought it was a documentary but it was really the cheesiest thing I've ever seen in my life...though Bethany and I talked about it non-stop. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ga1Z4A8URe4
We spent a few days in Hong Kong while Matt finished up work before we took off to China! Here are some pictures that should give you a sampling of what we did there...
We did some karaoke. It was pretty fun (I have some issues with karaoke), but it was all worth it when Matt started singing mandarin pop!!

We arrived Thursday night and Friday Bethany and I went around town while Matt was at work. I was dreading having to use the squatter, but the time quickly came.

I laughed when I got out of the squatter and saw THIS across the aisle! I just hadn't looked hard enough!

Around 3 p.m. on Friday I was EXHAUSTED but we kept on going until around 11. Bethany was pretty beat on our way home. So was Matt, which made less sense because it was only 9 p.m. and he'd been living in Hong Kong for six weeks! He shouldn't be jetlagged!

Bethany was off sugar. But then the girl she was doing "no sugar" with emailed her and said "use discretion while you're in China." Right after getting that email we opened a jar of Nutella and twenty minutes later when Matt wanted some, it was gone. I entitled this picture "Discretion."


I learned this trick that if you want a picture of someone and don't want them to know you're taking a picture of them you have someone else pose and then you zoom past them for the picture. That is what I thought we were doing here, trying to get a picture of Matt wearing his camera on his belt.
Hong Kong has an amazing metro. I didn't appreciate it as much until I moved to D.C. and would compare them. Wow.



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteWhat are your issues with karaoke? Just curious as it is a not-so-secret passion of mine...
ReplyDelete(p.s. deleted my first post because I realized I could post as my blog name)
Let me just say that law students like karaoke a little too much...meaning for a semester it was my entire social life.
ReplyDelete(not to mention that law students tend to also be kill joys. all leads to a karaoke boycott that I had to break in Hong Kong. Oh, the sacrifices I make...)
Awesome! Did I ever bust out my Mandarin Pop (for real, I have a lot) for you? It's fun (and funny), but Gary is not get into it. Bu hao. That was an amazingly clean squatter. Also, I'm glad you did karaoke, because you haven't been to Asia unless you do. Although the experience isn't complete unless you have some real Chinese people singing, "Leaving on a Jet Plane." They really get into it. Looks like fun!
ReplyDelete