Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Update, per Jackie's request

I am 3 days of class and 3 finals away from being done with law school. It is nuts.

This of course leads everyone to the inevitable question of jobs. I never wanted to work for a law firm or really do any job I wouldn't like--I don't have enough student loans to put any fear of unemployment in me yet. So I would pray and felt like I should not worrying about the whole job situation, but I was still a little troubled of what would really come of all this.

Meanwhile, my brother Russell told me about the Presidential Management Fellowship program. I applied, took the test, and last week found out I am a finalist! This means I had to rearrange my finals schedule and will miss the first day of graduation (luckily I'll be back in time to speak the second day). But in two weeks I am going to D.C. for this job fair where lots of federal agencies will come, and I should get a job! It will be great!

It's odd to be leaving Provo soon...every morning I drive past Deseret Towers and see my first home in Provo being slowly destroyed. The time to leave has come.

3 comments:

  1. girl, I hope you will still be here for the summer. We need to hang out before you leave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i appreciate this post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am thankful for the update and good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete