Well, it looks like you are very lucky because Bethany sent me the pictures today so I can dish all about the shows!! I'll be honest--ever since going to NYC in 2002 and getting my friend Beckie fired and kicked out on the streets, I have not been a fan of New York. I remember leaving D.C. and going to Brooklyn for a few weeks and seeing the garbage lined streets and the nasty subway and wondering why anyone li

ved there. But, I think I finally fell in love with the place! Mostly because of THE SHOWS! (I would say "the company," but I don't think anyone I went with reads this, so I can be honest).
Wicked was great. We were able to find Orchestra seats on the tenth row for $56--the catch of course being that they were "partial view" seats, but all the characters walk to the front of the stage so it was not a big deal! It's a shame that the songs are catchy, but we could only remember the main lines so for days Bethany and I would sing "loathing...unadulterated loathing..." and that is all we know. Matt knew much more to the song, and I'm sure he loved our constant one-line of singing. Perhaps that is better than my favorite part of the song "Popular" which is "la la la la la la." Now that is catchy!

And of course we went to the Marriage of Figaro at the Met!! LOVED IT! We ate dinner outside the Lincoln Center and I would turn around and gasp because I was so excited!
Those were both on Wednesday. Thursday Bethany and I headed to TKTS to find some half-price last minute t

ickets to a show. Chad had heard that Drowsy Chaperone was good, and I couldn't get it out of my head and we also were in line for half an hour standing next to this huge advertisement for it (maybe that is why I couldn't get it out of my head?). Luckily they had four tickets left, and I really think that show was made for me. I completely loved it! LOVED IT! So funny. And here we are afterward with our matching t-shirts.
No comments:
Post a Comment