I am obsessed with opera and The Met and thought I was going to freak out when I got to go and see an opera there! Our seats were awful, but our tickets were only $15, which is $3 less than I paid to see a Met Opera broadcast to a movie theater in South Jordan!
Here I am inside the Lincoln Center. We saw the Marriage of Figaro and I loved it--opera is so funny. People are all crazy and cheating on each other and have these insane schemes that are incomprehensible--but then in the end they all laugh it off and are happy.We also saw Wicked and Drowsy Chaperone--but those pictures are on Bethany's camera, so I'll just s
ay they were both just wonderful and we loved them!!What else did we do in New York? SHOPPING! H&M is the best store ever--I think mostly because I only get to go about once a year. So we went to three different H&Ms. It's too bad I am poor and couldn't really buy any clothes. And really too bad that it POURED on us and we were so wet and only brought a backpack's worth of clothes so we had to wear wet clothes the rest of the trip but people on the street applauded us for not giving up and walking through the rain.
What else did we do? EAT. Here w
e are after the Drowsy Chaperone, eating cheesecake. Matt here is my friend from law school, and he had been telling me about this cheesecake from Junior's for ages--so I finally got to eat it, and yeah, it was really good.I also got to see my BFF, Chad. Every year we try to go on an annual road trip--last year it didn't happen. This year I guess it happened, only Lane, Krystal, and Beckie couldn't come--but Bethany and Matt were good
substitutes (especially since our first annual roadtrip was the time we went to Vegas without Bethany on her birthday). Every year we also buy matching t-shirts. So we were able to keep the tradition alive with our $2 "I heart NY" shirts! Chad lives in New York. Too bad he's going to Dental School so he was busy couldn't hang out with us all day.
Bethany and I were able to reunite our matching pajama pants, and celebrate with a photo shoot!!
We also w
ent to the Manhattan temple. It was great. I had been to the building to church before it was a temple--now the upstairs is a temple. It was really beautiful!! We loved it--and so cool that it is right downtown and we were able to walk there from our hotel!We went to the huge Macy's on 5th Avenue and were perusing the store when we w
alked past the Estee Lauder counter and thought it would be fun to get makeovers!! I have only ever gotten a makeover at the mall in Provo, and I should have guessed that it would be slightly different having my makeup done in Manhattan by girls from the Dominican Republic. Well, Bethany and I looked amazing. I think I looked kind of scary. Actually--I looked exactly like those "worldly girls" from the Living Scripture Book of Mormon videos. So sad!!
No comments:
Post a Comment