First year my friends and I discussed how we wanted to spend the night at the law school. Maybe that was because first year we would only go home for six hours at night and figured we might as well be sleeping there. Our dreams never came to fruition...until Wednesday! Chief Justice John Roberts is coming to BYU on Tuesday, and he is going to do a Q&A at the law school that afternoon. The room only seats 230 people, there are 450 law students, so they decided to give out tickets early Thursday morning, first come, first serve. We decided the time to spend the night at the law school had arrived! Finally!It was great fun. We had the whole school to ourselves...almost...the custodians were around. And apparently at 3 a.m. when we turned off the light and contemplated sleeping for a couple hours they called the BYU police on us since it's fine for law students to be in the law school all night, just not sleep there. I suppose this makes sense, or else I might stop paying rent and just live there. The police did little background checks on us (I was clean; my friend Kari apparently has some traffic violations...), asked us all our vital information like height, weight, hair color, eye color, etc, etc--and in the end they said we could stay there since we just "fell asleep during a late-night study session" (that is what my friend Brooktynn said before I almost foolishly said we were there to spend the night. We had been studying, so it wasn't a lie!).

The night was great...except for of course us getting no sleep and being so tired! Here we are when we finally picked up our tickets at 7:35 a.m.--look happy?

And here we are with our favorite professor ever, who was in charge of ticket distribution and was shocked when I told him we'd spent the night!!
I know people who camped out for Harry Potter and I know people who camped out for a Nintendo Wii.
ReplyDeleteBut now I know people who camped out for a chief justice.
Hot.
wm thinks you're hot. don't tell RA. this kid i knew at BYU was telling me about his roommate that for some reason paid rent but just lived on campus... like he lived in his TA office and showered at the RB and only came to his real apartment like once a week! and it was all because he was studying for the mcat! ahhhh!
ReplyDelete