The Top 10 Reasons My Life is Good (Perfect?):
10. Conference Ensign
So, my friends and I played this game once where we said what each other would do if we had the entire day free...some people would work out, others scrapbook. Mine was "read the Conference Ensign". And now I'm living the dream! I was delighted to have it arrive before I left Provo.
9. iPod
I have never loved my iPod as I do now. Don't ask me why. (though I do have some Conference talks on there which I listen to...ahhh...I'm obsessed).
8. It is 70 degrees here.
Always. And it will be the entire time I'm here. Everyone I talk to congratulates me for coming to the best part of Australia during the best season.
7. I like my job!
Which is so good, as apparently I have decided to make a career out of the law. I am endlessly fascinated with everything having to do with the law. It's so amazing that it's so interesting to me. And I love law school. A lot. That's amazing, too.
6. I have an Australian library card.
Meaning I also get to read!! Yeah!!
5. The Simpsons is on every time I turn on the T.V.
it's like a magic television.
4. I sleep. A lot.
So, I have been sleeping upwards of 11 hours a night. This worried me greatly. Never was I worried in the past 8 months when I only slept 5 hours a night. Hmm. So I thought I had remedied the problem because last night I was up until 10 p.m. (if only you knew what an accoplishment this was for me). But then, of course, because I was up "so late" I couldn't get out of bed this morning! I finally had to drag myself out of bed at 7:30 a.m. because I was going to be late for work! So I think, at least for now, I will just continue going to bed as early as I want. Even if that is 7:30 p.m. Wow. I need to get a life!
3. I have an Australian bankcard!
Meaning I have an Australian bank account. Meaning I have an Australian income! Meaning I'm not living off my student loans this summer!!!
2. I might have plans this weekend.
That is the best of all! I've had three invitations to do things this weekend. And usually if someone I don't know well says "we should do something this weekend" I say "that would be cool", but inwardly have no intention to ever hang out with them because I hate awkward social situations. But now, I really have no other option! So I must embrace the awkwardness, and luckily only one of the social invitations involved going and getting drinks. Hmm...maybe sitting at home alone is better after all!
1. It's only going to last 3 months.
Yes, yes, Australia is good. And so is sleep, reading, money, The Simpsons, etc. But what I really, really like and miss is girl talk! Ahhh...if I had that in my life, I think it would be perfect. I had a bishop once who talked about how women needed eachother just for recreational talking, and I thought that was kind of silly because I know a lot of men who talk a lot, too. but then I went to Italy with two guys, and when we'd get home to my married friends' apartment I just couldn't wait to sit down and dish with my friend who was a girl. So maybe my bishop was right after all. The only solution I can think of in my own life is to marry a man who can dish. (and please note that once you start using the verb "dish", your life will never be the same. Thank you, Mangum!)
I'm so excited for your awkward social situation!!! I love awkwardness. It makes me laugh a lot. Always makes the best stories.
ReplyDeletebut brad and wayne COULD dish!!! lighters, nice paper, leather notebooks!!! I'm glad that you liked dishing with me, though!!! I'm also excited because it made me sign up for a blog so I could post my comments so now I am as amazing as you!
ReplyDeleteOh, Rachel. I miss our girl talk.. Nothing like a classic Rachel story, dish session or a good old fashioned game of "If the Prophet said you had to marry someone in the ward--and you HAVE to because it's the Prophet--who would you marry". So. Rachel. If the Prophet said...
ReplyDeleteElisabeth - it's a tough call. I mean, I only know of one single male in my ward here in Australia, and I've only met him once! But the Prophet did say...
ReplyDelete