Tuesday, January 08, 2013

2013: Stay In Town

I'm not usually very into New Years Resolutions. In 2009 my resolutions were to have a McFlurry and Ben & Jerrys, and I accomplished them both. But this year I am attempting to not be so scheduled, as generally every night and day are booked a month ahead of time. I think this is large part due to my being out of town too much...I was trying to figure out my trips of 2012. Let's see...

Puerto Rico
Utah
Idaho
Texas
Vienna
Budapest
Salzburg
Prague
New York
Ft Lauderdale
Utah
Idaho
New York
Utah
Texas
New York
Texas (driving with Russell to Dallas)
North Carolina
Utah
Idaho
Boston
Maine
Rhode Island
North Carolina
Utah
Idaho
Texas

Oh, wow. Too much. So, my goal for 2013 is to stay in town. Unfortunately, during the first week of 2013 I was in Texas, DC, and then drove to Boston for the weekend. Hmm. We'll see how this year goes!

Speaking of Boston, on Saturday I went to see a beautiful production of Our Town. The show was all about how you need to appreciate the every day, simple aspects of life, that we are so often to overlook because of their monotony as we seek for something grander and more exciting. Hoping to remember that message.

2 comments:

  1. Sad that Phoenix wasn't on that list. But you know, I can't blame you when I see some of the other exciting places you went.

    Btw, Here's what my list would look like:
    Utah
    Nebraska
    Window Rock (Navajo Nation)
    Albuquerque

    Wow. Be jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did "Goodbye, Grover's Corners..." encourage you to stay home?
    Maybe this post will find you getting more visitors to Arlington.

    ReplyDelete