Tuesday, May 31, 2011

OLD, part II

I was recently told by one of my friends that she is spreading false rumors about my having a "really hard time" turning 30. Although my final days of my twenties has been a constant source of amusement for my co-workers, my only concern with beginning my fourth decade of life is that the 25-year old men I am attempting to date will discover my age.

I remember someone in law school saying they pictured me turning thirty and, instead of being bitter, enthusiastically declaring myself "thirty, flirty, and fun!" Though I was slightly insulted by his implying I would still be single at thirty (unthinkable!), I am happy that his sentiment has proven true...note that next year I will not have such a positive attitude, given my recent declaration that I would "rather die alone than attend a mid-singles potluck." This is not a joke.

3 comments:

  1. Back in my day, my mother and I were lumped into the same single adult group. That is one of the reasons I stayed at BYU so long.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, the gals at the temple gave me approval to lie about my age. You can too!!

    ReplyDelete