I loved having James come visit. He was amused by his exposure to the really old and single scene. We got to have dinner with cousin Jill and her husband Jeremy. He got to see me "perform" as I taught Marriage Prep class. He made a permanent impression in Elders Quorum (i.e. every guy in my ward has mentioned this to me in the past two months) when, after some girl's dad introduced himself by saying "I was excited to come meet all of you because I've heard such great things from my daughter", James said "I am Rachel's brother and I wanted to meet you because she's told me how horrible you all are." He was a hit!
We also went to New York City for a day because James had never been!!! We took the train up at 4 a.m. and got home at 1 a.m....very tired. But it was great. I LOVED having James here!!! I have big plans to move to Idaho Falls to live next door. Someday.
Anyway, here is the extent of pictures I took during his trip. Wish I'd taken more!
Watching Lady Liberty
Loving Times Square?
James saw his first Broadway musical!! And he loved it!
This is James in Central Park thinking about how we just paid $4 for a cookie and it was delicious.
The next week I went to Idaho Falls. It was great. I need to go back!!! Here is James with all of his babies, happy to have their dad back. Also happy to see his amazing skills at Angry Birds.
That last picture of him with his kids is really darling! Glad you got to spend some time with them!
ReplyDeleteThese photos lead me to believe that James' face has a more subtle range for displaying sheer glee than your adorable face!
ReplyDelete