This is 100% stolen from my dear friend Chrissy's blog.
I am a firm believer that we need to look for and recognize our blessings, or else we might miss them entirely. I loved President Monson's talk about gratitude, and he spoke of the fish and the loaves. He said how the disciples focused on what they lacked, but "the Savior gave thanks for what they had—and a miracle followed: 'And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets full.' We have all experienced times when our focus is on what we lack rather than on our blessings. Said the Greek philosopher Epictetus, “He is a wise man who does not grieve for the things which he has not, but rejoices for those which he has.'"
I feel that 2010 has been a blessed year in my life, and I am excited for a month that is more dedicated to recognizing our blessings and giving thanks for them--to realize they are not our own doing.
So...I am hoping throughout the month to post different things for which I am grateful and I encourage you to do the same, or to at least make a list for yourself. Every Thanksgiving I am reminded of when my life did not seem as blessed and I questioned for what I could give thanks--and then I was overwhelmed with the reality that I have a knowledge of the Atonement of Christ and the restored gospel in my life, and for nothing could I ever be more grateful.
It's not stealing when it's given away! I'm excited to see what you post about...and maybe steal some more ideas. :)
ReplyDelete