Monday, July 26, 2010

dream, dream, dream

I love when people tell me their dreams because usually they are laughing about the ridiculousness of it, but really it is like they just opened up their soul and let me take a peek. Dreams are very telling.

Anyway, this post will have nothing on this or this (sorry, Janae), but I'd like to share a dream I had a couple of nights ago.

I was Abraham Lincoln. And I was in the middle of a duel with John Wilkes Booth (but this was not at Ford's Theater...). Somehow my approach to the duel was to lay down on the ground and close my eyes and kind of fall asleep. After a while John Wilkes Booth came up to me and shoved his gun in my face and said "do you want to know the reason you are alive? Because Jack was behind you, dancing." And I looked behind me and saw my nephew Jack, still dancing.



I took that moment to disarm John Wilkes Booth and then I took the ammo out of the gun because it is not safe for Jack to be around a loaded weapon! And I took Jack and went to go tell his mom how he saved my life!

Interpret.

7 comments:

  1. I think this is a premonition that you will be a future President of the United States (one that DOESN'T get assassinated).

    And for the record, I'd vote for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm running the campaign! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. is it bad that because of that picture I can only imagine him dancing like Pinocchio? Thanks for linking to my blog! I forgot about that dream-man Gregory Peck is way better than Cary Grant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just as I was falling asleep last night, I had a great interpretation but do not remember it well today. Basically: with all the tribulations of the last year for J&E and others (represented by Booth,) you see that life is still worth living, and fighting to succeed in, because of the joyful, eternal aspects of life (represented by Jack.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wouldn't have considered John Wilkes Booth so humane. You see the good in everyone, Rachel. Maybe Jack was just a little distracting-- he can be quite cute. Jack says he dreams about you dancing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The best part of that dream is that you were a dead president.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't comment at first because I wanted to realize THE perfect interpretation, but alas, I just don't know. What I do know is that you should drop the "dream" part and circulate this as an urban legend.

    ReplyDelete