A few times, I shared.
Janae
It begins in the Barlow Center.

Janae really liked our friend Scott. We spent a lot of time with Scott, but it was always her initiating it. Sometimes Scott would ditch us for other girls. I thought they were great together, but I didn't think he was interested. I told her my concerns.
They got married.
Pining after Gibby Girls
The next year I lived in Provo and two of my friends--Gary and Dave--started hanging out a lot after they were rejected by sisters. I pitied them. Pretty sure I told Dave to get over it. (though I spent 5 months telling Emily to love Gary...)
They both ended up marrying a Gibby girl.
Last year my roommate Gillian had a ward crush. They hung out a lot, but he had NEVER called her. She initiated everything. I worried about this, and pretty sure I told her he wasn't in to her.
And yes, they got married.

I've never told anyone else to get over it. But I might start giving this advice more frequently in the future...to help my friends out.
*please note I do not consider marriage a curse.

Hmm, you may be right, though. Scott never told me he liked me. Uh oh.
ReplyDeleteI'm going to start giving YOU the Rachel curse. ;)
ReplyDeleteI spent the same amount of time telling Emily that she and Gary would never work out. Foolish! Now I realize they are perfect for each other.
ReplyDeleteWhat tipped you off, Sarah—the birth of their second child?
ReplyDeleteCan you please give me some dating advice? I need to get married too.
ReplyDeleteThis is funny, because I probably told Syphus he was an idiot 400 times. Now he is a genius.
ReplyDeleteLet's face it, Rachel. You have a gift.
ReplyDeleteJames! We are the same. And wrong, apparently.
ReplyDeleteWho do I need to get over?! Oh wait, that's step two. Step one: Who should I like?!
ReplyDeleteI'm sure glad Rachel and James took one for our team. You could hire on as head coaches for my family. Four to go! YOu guys also have good taste in friends apparently.
ReplyDeleteThis is really a great post....ha ha ha ha!
ReplyDeleteSo I start reading this post, and I'm thinking, "Yeah, it worked for Scott and Janae, but honestly, it usually means they're just not that into you." . . . Then I'm next on the list! The post brought much laughter to my life, but also a deep thought - where's the line between the spirit telling you to keep going, and wasting lots of time chasing someone who will never like you? Seems like I did the latter a lot, but THANK HEAVEN Gary did the former . . .
ReplyDelete