As part of our tour of Utah temples, we went to Manti on Saturday. It was beautiful! The temple was just amazing and it was doubly fun because my parents were sealed there - and Jackie's parents and grandparents were sealed there, too. So we were all excited. I love going to the older temples (Salt Lake, Manti, St. George). They are quite remarkable.After attending the temple, we stuck around Manti for a while so we could attend the Manti Pageant! I dare say one of the more random things in the LDS church is pageants.
Here Jackie and I are posing with som
One of the most interesting things I gleaned from the pageant this time came from when they talked about Brigham Young. Brigham Young was a prophet who had to lead people across the country. He had no idea what he was doing. And it seemed like things were not going well: horrible weather an
What a pageant!
Rachel! It's Karen, from the good ol' 28th ward. Glad to see you're a blogger too! The Manti pageant looks so interesting, how did I miss that when I lived in UT for 4 years?!
ReplyDeleteRachel- I had no idea you blogged...or knew my friend Karen :) It's such a small world. I am truly addicted to blog-surfing and clicked upon YOU! Is it ok if I add you to our links on our page? -ali (and Jeff)
ReplyDeleteSome reading material for you Rachel:
ReplyDeletehttp://www.loweringthebar.net/
You'll find gems under "Captain of the U.S.A. vs. Bush," "Follow the Chicken," "Let it Be," "Order Granting Motion to Compel Lunch," etc.