Friday, January 05, 2007

law school ad nauseam

My six month hiatus from blogging was a natural consequence of law school. The most awful lie I have ever been told was that after your first year of law school the worst is over. ha! Far from true. Second year is brutal and it ended and I felt like I'd just been beat up. But I survived and in three days get to start semester 2, year 2. I AM HALF WAY FINISHED!

Here is a picture of some classmates and my professor and I. My friend and I threw the second annual "sweat pants day" in November and it was a huge success - I think 100 people showed up wearing sweat pants. It inspired me to dress similarly during finals...and it was amazing to talk about Roe v. Wade with the professor wearing track pants.

Despite the terrors of school/work/finding a job for when I graduate/etc, the semester was amazing and was filled mostly with karaoke. At first this troubled me, as I felt that every weekend night all we did was karaoke - even after classical concerts and the Opera! But when I realized it was a free activity (the karaoke isn't even ours - we borrowed it for the semester), I embraced it and never looked back. Unfortunately, my karaoke skills have only digressed since winning a karaoke contest in 2004 by singing Ace of Base's hit "All That She Wants."

I must also add that I am obsessed with the term "ad nauseam" - especially after I went to a review session last year and the T.A. said "ad nauseam" SO MUCH that we all remarked how he used the term "ad nauseam," ad nauseam. Ahh - the wit of law school!

No comments:

Post a Comment